Cold Jet® is excited to answer questions surrounding the RE-CO2 Recovery Systems for dry ice manufacturers. Below are 10 frequently asked questions about our RE-CO2 Recovery Systems. Our RE-CO2 systems are easy to operate, easy to integrate into your existing dry ice production operation, easy to maintain, and can be integrated with nearly any dry ice pelletizer brand on the market. These systems require minimal maintenance while providing you optimal yield of your liquid CO2 supply.
Animation showing dry ice production with and without a RE-CO2 Recovery System.
1. What is a CO2 recovery system, and how does it work?
The CO2 recovery system is an add-on to your existing dry ice production operation. It captures and recovers vented CO2 gas that is unused during the regular manufacturing process, ensuring it can be utilized to make more dry ice.
2. How does the CO2 recovery system lower the conversion ratio for dry ice production?
The CO2 recovery system can reduce the conversion ratio from 2.2 lbs of liquid CO2 to 1 lb of dry ice to an improved ratio of 1.3 lbs of liquid CO2 to 1 lb of dry ice. This results in significant savings in CO2 usage or increased dry ice production with the same amount of liquid CO2.
3. Can the CO2 recovery system be integrated into my existing dry ice production setup?
Yes, the CO2 recovery system is designed to seamlessly integrate with your current dry ice production equipment. It can be easily added to enhance the efficiency of your operations.
4. Does the recovered and reliquefied CO2 from the CO2 recovery system go back into the bulk CO2 tank?
No, the recovered and reliquefied CO2 from the CO2 recovery system does not go back into the bulk CO2 tank. Instead, the new liquid CO2 is directed through a valve into the piping that feeds liquid to the pelletizer. It is important to note that gas companies have strict regulations prohibiting the introduction of external substances or recovered CO2 back into the bulk CO2 tank. Our CO2 recovery system ensures compliance with these regulations while maximizing production output and minimizing waste by delivering a continuous flow of high-quality liquid CO2 to the pelletizer.
5. How much liquid CO2 can I save by implementing the CO2 recovery system?
By incorporating the CO2 recovery system, you can save up to 40% of liquid CO2 that would otherwise be exhausted during the dry ice manufacturing process.
6. Does the CO2 recovery system require any additional equipment or modifications to my existing setup?
The CO2 recovery system is designed to be easily installed alongside your current dry ice production equipment, requiring minimal additional equipment or modifications.
7. What are the benefits of using the CO2 recovery system for my dry ice production?
The CO2 recovery system offers two primary benefits: significant cost savings in CO2 procurement by reducing waste and increased dry ice production capacity with the same amount of liquid CO2.
8. Will implementing the CO2 recovery system affect the quality of the dry ice produced?
No, the CO2 recovery system has no impact on the quality of the dry ice. It ensures that the recovered CO2 gas is of the same high quality as the liquid CO2 used in the production process. The process is a closed-loop system, which eliminates the chance of any contamination.
9. Are there any specific operational considerations or maintenance requirements for the CO2 recovery system?
The CO2 recovery system is designed for easy operation and requires minimal maintenance. Regular checks and maintenance of the system are recommended to ensure optimal performance.
10. What kind of return on investment can I expect by implementing the CO2 recovery system?
Implementing the CO2 recovery system can result in significant cost savings on CO2 procurement and increased production capacity. The return on investment will depend on your specific production volume and CO2 usage, but in many cases the ROI period can be 12 months or less.
Cold Jet PR750H dry ice pelletizer, automated dosing/bagging system, and two (2) RE-CO2 320 Recovery Systems.
Are you ready to start recovering CO2 from your dry ice operation? Contact us today for a consultation with one of our dry ice experts!